Thursday, May 14, 2009

It's Monday

So, today I should be doing things for the garage sale like pricing things or getting more stuff together but alas here I am blogging... Now don't get me wrong I've dug some stuff up out of the attic this morning that I still need to price, All the while working on my 5 loads of laundry (don't ask about the dishes) and I even researched the Garage Sale Sign ordinance here in Topeka, which is beyond stupid by the way! The code is that all garage sale signs must be 10-12 feet from the street, can't be put up before 5 pm on Thursday and must be taken down by 5 pm on Sundays. now, it seems reasonable, really out of the right of way to avoid accidents and such, but honestly I think it's just silly that our city is soo worried about temporary signs that it actually has 3 employees that do nothing else but collect garage sale signs that aren't following code. Did I mention that there is also a $50 fine if they take down your sign due to a code violation? Well, anyways... I'll stick with the code and be the silly person out there on the corner with a measuring tape in hand to avoid a fine. All this just to sell my stuff and make a little extra money for my family. Craigslist is going great- sold a couple more things and a couple more to go is all.
Tough I did take a break and watch a movie. It was a Disney movie called The other side of Heaven. It's about missionary John Groberg and his 3 year mission to Tonga. It was a good story and I was shocked to see that it was a Walt Disney movie. It was a great family movie and a moving story about a young man sent out as a missionary leaving both his family and the love of his life behind.... will their love stay strong through the 3 years he's gone? Watch it and find out.
So, my day hasn't been a total waste and it's not over yet! Tonight is Zoe's first swim lesson. I'm both excited and terrified. I'm not a fan of water and I don't want to pass that on to her, so swim lessons here we come! It's a little chilly, so thank goodness for a heated pool for her. Zoe randomly has said today "I don't know if I can do it- swim lessons tonight" She'll be fine, but I'm not sure I'll be....More to come tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment