I just read this wonderful quote from a good friends blog and was truly touched by the words. As a stay at home mom I definately feel guilty at times... for not bringing in any money (especially at Christmas time), for not doing something with my day other then laundry, cleaning, cooking, cleaning, refereeing and then fit in the occasional teaching moment. Some days I just don't feel productive, ya know like a productive member of society, but this helped me so much with some of that guilt!
"Our First and Primary Mission Field is our Children! God values our children. Jesus became indignant when the disciples didn't embrace the worth of children in God's expanding kingdom (Mark 10:13-16). God tells us that children are his blessing to us (PS. 127:3). and He places great importance on our teaching our children to love and serve Him (Deut. 6:7-9).
Don't feel guilty over making your children your primary ministry investment in their early years. your availability, sensitivity, affection, and unhurried attention are irreplaceable. There are no neutral moments in a young child's life. Someone is going to be influencing your children, inculcating values and imprinting standards on their impressionable young minds. Let it be you!
Accept your calling from God to serve your family. As a mother, you are helping to shape the souls of your children for Christ and ultimately influence the world. Your children are your gift for the future." - Jani Ortlund (To read more from her just click on her name and go to her article.)
Wow! What a thought! Someone IS going to be influencing our children, weather it's the tv, the computer, friends at school or even random pictures they will see- it all has an impact! So, this year let this be your goal during the busy holiday season that can be filled with stress and impatience and use this time as a teachable moment for each "gift" you are preparing for the future.
2. I'm thankful for my kiddos! I appreciate them each more now as one of Zoe's classmates brothers just died. He was 11. Life is short. Little things I tend to yell about are so petty and not worth it anymore. I'll be saying I love you a lot more now! 3. Family Fued tournaments
4. Coffee Dates with good friends
5. Shopping for Shoeboxes to show the Love of God
6. Friends you can always count on!
7. Lunch date with my favorite 6 year old!
8. Cooperative daughter on airport run.
9. Quality time spent with 92 year old grandmother
10. My Husband!!! Welcoming him home!
11. Baby Norah ... becoming an aunt- again!
12. Christmas Cards, designed, signed and ordered
13.Leaves raked and jumped in-Great Fall photos
14. Morning "playdate" with good friends
15. First IMOM cookbook "published".
16. Christmas cards stuffed and stamped! Waiting by door to mail- Before Thanksgiving!
17. Mornings with 45 women, crafts and cooking tips
18. 70 new recipes to try!
19. Clean attics and play forts
20. 3 more Christmas Presents bought! Only 5 more to go!
My life is blessed! I've been married to the man of my dreams for 7 years though it feels like just yesterday! I love reading and taking pictures, but the best job I never imagined loving this much is staying at home with my two beautiful little girls!