Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Recipe wednesday

So, today we made chocolate chip oatmeal muffins. yumm! They are becoming a fast favorite of ours. Though I can't seem to decide where to file this recipe in my recipe box- its a muffin, so it could be a bread, but then I wonder if the chocolate chips don't classify it as a dessert? So, for now it's in my box under breads because, well it is a bread so in my book that also makes it a breakfast food! Can't go wrong with chocolate for breakfast : ) And with the oatmeal it makes it super moist and "healthy". Now most of you know by now that a recipe is just a jumping off point, at least in my book, but again, if it's out there someone must like it just the way it is so you don't have to change it or do it different at all. I personally don't like nuts, so never a nut you'll see in my kitchen, unless of course it's me!!
Here is the recipe....



Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Muffins!

1 1/4 cups quick cooking oats
1 1/4 cups milk
1 egg
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp salt
3/4 cups packed brown sugar
3/4 cup chocolate chips
1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
1 1/4 cups flour
4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla

Combine oats and milk, let stand 15 minutes
preheat oven to 400 degrees, grease muffin tins
Stir oil, egg, 1/2 cup brown sugar, chocolate chips, and 1/2 cup pecans into milk/oat mixture.
Combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Add oat mix to flour mix. Stir until Just Moist! Fill each cup 2/3 full. Sprinkle tops with remaining brown sugar and pecans. Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean! Don't overbake!

Note, don't add too many chocolate chips as in this case more is not always better!

Enjoy for breakfast or any time of day!

Also, I've been looking for some summer evening dinners that aren't too hot since we have enough heat outside! So, this is my newest recipe I've added to my menu.




Chicken Salad Sandwich!

2-3 cups shredded cooked chicken
1 tblsp lemon juice
1 cup celary-chopped
Salt/pepper/all purpose seasonings to taste
1- 1 1/2 cup mayo (add by tbl till desired consistancy)
2 chopped hard boiled eggs

Mix all together and then gently fold in chopped eggs! Serve on Croussant with lettuce and tomato! I also served it with fresh green beans from my aunts garden, that I just cooked up on the stove with some bacon and then some deviled eggs! It was a pretty perfect summer meal. I look forward to making it again! Maybe next time we'll try eating it at a picnic at the park!

Enjoy and keep cooking!






No comments:

Post a Comment