Monday, October 4, 2010

Things I'm thankful for... or should be

So, today is Monday, and honestly it's been a day- not a good one! I spanked both the girls before 8:30, I mopped the dining room, I started a load of laundry and I woke up with a headache! It's Monday alright! Most Mondays aren't great for me because it's my Laundry Day! I hate laundry so I decided one day to just hate it one day rather then one time every day of the week, so on Mondays I do about 6-7 loads of laundry. I'm always inpressed if I can finish it before 9 pm and sometimes I've even surprised myself by getting it done before dinnertime- this is a rarity! So, today as I was sorting all 7 of my loads and complaining to anyone who would listen- mainly Lexi, but I did at one time even email Patrick and mention my hatred of laundry day, I realized that yeah, laundry is NO FUN! Not at all. The sorting, the carrying downstairs, the moving from the washer to the dryer, carrying upstairs,the folding, the putting away- no fun! But today as I was moving my 4th load into the dryer I realized that yes, I still hate it but really it's not bad. I mean, I have a washing machine not a washboard with water I have to haul in

I have soap I don't have to make myself (though I do, because I enjoy it). I have a dryer,I don't have to hang them on a line to dry,


I don't have to do this all myself either. I have two girls and a husband who are ok at helping me with this. I even have dressers to put them in, closets to hang them in and we have a TON of clothes. It's not just one dress for church and one for every other day of the week. I really am lucky, so here's to me being thankful for laundry day and all I have rather then all I have to complain about.

2 comments:

  1. Way to go, Heather!! Good thoughts for us all... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen sister! Mondays are my laundry day too and I TOTALLY hear you!

    The other day I was telling Dave how people used to have servants to help them run big houses like we have and thinking Why can't I have a few servants? And then I realized I DO in the form of my dishwasher, oven, washer, dryer, etc. :)

    ReplyDelete